Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Stranger Walks In


We were all sitting around our living room watching a movie; Bill was lying on the floor with his head on a pillow propped up against the couch. A strange man entered our front door, closing it behind himself. I said, “Bill, someone is here.” 

Bill jumped up and the man walked over to Bill, introduced himself, and shook Bill's hand. 

You can imagine how surprised we all were. It was a little frightening. I was wondering who would walk right into someone’s house like that. Was he some government worker? Was he a politician? Had Bill met him in the neighborhood before? 

The man said, “My wife and sister-in-law are at the party. I think they are in your backyard.”

We realized then what was going on. Bill said, “You have the wrong house. The party is next door.” We all laughed as we walked out the front door and pointed him in the right direction. The man apologized. Bill told him, “If the party gets dull, you can come and join us; we have a couple more movies.”
~~~♥~~~

9 comments:

  1. Wow ! what a story line ...The photo you shared is so inviting...I would that I were the lost guy then I would get to visit awhile and just forget about the other party ha ha.
    So you remember the time that young man burst into our living room on Varnum way..He thought that he could find asylum from his foes under the shelter of Daddy's roof...He was correct-Praise Jesus! I love that story. Thank you for sharing sweet sister.. : )luv-Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember that day the boy burst into our living room. It was good to know that he knew he could find help there.
      ♥Hope

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thank you, Joy, for you complimentary words. What a delight it would be to find you walking into my living room unexpected!

      And...I was actually thinking of that event on Varnum after our stranger walked in.

      Delete
  2. While I was at Freeman's in June 2011, a bunch of them, Phillip,a friend or two, and I went hiking up Hanging Rock trail. On the way home we stopped at Bojangles. Two guys walk in, say hi and sit down at the table with us. I was sitting there thinking, "Is this a local eccentricity?" After a few minutes, Thomas realizes that introductions haven't been made. It turns out that a person in the other car had called them (they were friends), and invited them to intercept us at the restaurant. They had been sitting there thinking, "What is that girl sitting at that side table staring at us for? She's obviously not part of the group." Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dominique!
      Thank you for taking the time to share this amusing tale with me.
      Love seeing you here.
      ♥Hope

      Delete
  3. Ha ha. I don't have a story to tell, but I enjoy reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet. Thanks for your comment.
      :) Hope

      Delete
    2. You are sweet. Thanks for your comment.
      :) Hope

      Delete