Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

New Year's Day 🙂
Yesterday, I was not going to eat until 6:00 but ate at 5:30. I made beef pot pie and fresh bread for the fellas, and just had to taste that pot pie. I made pie crust for Thanksgiving pies and had some left that I froze. Having never used frozen pie crust before, I was not sure how good it was. That’s my excuse. I wanted to know if it was any good, and it was – very good. My tasting added up to a small pie serving, more than it should have been. (I did walk 8 miles – that probably burned about 450 calories. I told myself it all balanced out. 😁) About an hour later, I ate a slice of that hard to pass up homemade bread with mayonnaise and two slices of deli roasted turkey. It was very filling and felt like too much to eat; however, that did not stop me from eating again. Around 8:00, I ate and tangerine, and later, a banana. So much for eating a low carb diet! 🙄 But today IS a new day, a new year. Hopefully my choices will be better today. And there you have it. I am here writing this because 🤭 I am hoping that by having to openly confess all will force me to make the right choices and make a difference, reaching my goal.

I was planning on going to bed at 8:00, but my son showed up, looking for a bit of New Year’s Eve celebration. I had stayed up the night before building a puzzle and only slept three hours.
I thought I should try and stay up for him, but I got comfortable on the couch and fell to sleep around 9:00. I woke around 10:00 and he was gone. Poor guy, not exciting action here. If I had not stayed up the night before, I could have made it to 12:00, but I did not know he was going to come.

This morning, my husband and I ran two miles and walked 4. I won't be able to make my 8 mile goal today because my knee is bothering me a bit. Sad as it is, I think it would be wiser not to push it.  Life happens. However, I do plan to keep busy and that should add extra steps.

And tonight, prime rib is on the menu. I AM having some of that (LCHF plan allows that)! But I will pass on the mashed potatoes and gravy because I am going to be good today.😇

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment