Thursday, February 28, 2013

Best Chocolate Cake ~ This Side of the Rockies!

In celebration of my father's birthday into heaven . . .

This is the absolute BEST chocolate cake EVER! No, I believe you cannot find a yummier cake this side of the Rocky Mountains! (Anywhere, really.)

The secret is the HOT strong black coffee added to the batter. You love coffee? You’ll love this Dark Chocolate Cake !

This recipe is even better if made a day ahead.
Raspberry jam is a tasty addition between the layers.

NOTE: To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost as desired. Yields 10 to 12 servings.


My family has been baking this chocolate cake since I was a young'un.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hope, this sounds divine! I wish I could whip this cake up in 5 minutes for it would be the perfect treat to end my evening :)
    Thanks for sharing and I will definitely try it sometime.

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I will have to try it and I will enjoy it in honor of your father. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully delicious sounding! I bet this recipe makes for fantastic cupcakes, too - perhaps with some mocha frosting to tie into coffee in the cake batter. Thank you very much for sharing this treasured sweet treat with us, dear Hope.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a real good chocolate cake. Unfortunately, I can't eat chocolate anymore, waaaah! Still, if you offered me just a small bite of it, I'd be "greedy" and eat it, ha, ha!

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete