Friday, August 23, 2013

Appetite, Calories, and Cold Food

This ain't Cowboy Pizza, but I needed a picture.
A few nights ago, I ordered and picked up pizza for the first time in my life. Apparently, I made several mistakes, according to my boys. First, I bought 2 large pizzas instead of family size. Second, I chose 5-Meat Stuffed Pizza – I was informed that I should have gotten the All Meat Pizza. I also bought The Cowboy Pizza…not a big hit with the mushrooms and black olives.

I am sorry, but Cowboy pizza just sounds so exciting. I am not sure what I am expecting from that name, but it just sounds a bit romantic. I guess it’s the rustic, hardy, outback girl in me.

 ~~~♥~~~

I am attempting to eat 1400 calories a day.

My breakfast was a slice of toasted sourdough bread and a fried egg. The thing is, I toasted the bread and fried the egg, but then I got immersed in a letter I was writing and asked my son to turn off my pan. The toast grew cold and the egg got over cooked. All the same, when I finished my letter, I ate it. Surprisingly enough, the crispy, over cooked egg on stiff, cold toast (unbuttered) was reasonably tasty with a cup of hot black coffee.

I had two small slices of cold Cowboy Pizza for lunch. It was totally unplanned, but good. Hmm…I wonder how many calories that was. Large Cowboy pizza cut into 10th is 305 calories per slice…ours was cut into 16ths …that would make it about 190 calories per slice. My lunch was a little less than 400 calories - not so sure I would eat that again if I were actually thinking of the calories .

Dinner was grilled, skinless chicken; rice; salad with Johnny's Classic Caesar Dressing (Mmm…very delicious but rather pricey in calories…170 for 2 tablespoons - I like to think of my calories in dollar and cents); and my daughter's fabulous cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment