Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Easy Chicken Pot Pie


I had Sunday’s leftover chicken, Monday’s leftover potato soup, and last Saturday’s leftover cheese biscuits.

The recipe below was my inspiration for dinner.
I chopped the chicken and placed it in the bottom of my casserole dish.
Poured the potatoes soup with chunks of cheddar cheese over the chopped chicken.
Topped it with crumbled cheese biscuits.
Last of all I poured a ½ cup of melted butter over the topping.
Lightly covered my casserole with aluminum foil, and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Removed the foil and continued baking for 25 minutes more.

My family LOVED it!
They said that they can't wait for me to make it again. ☺

Chicken Pot Pie
  • 2 chicken breast (better with the bone)
  • 1 bag of mix frozen vegetables
  • 1 can of cream of chicken
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom (you can leave this out if you don’t like mushroom)
  • 1 box of jiffy mix corn muffin mix
  • 1 stick of butter
Bake jiffy mix corn muffin. And set aside.
Boil two chicken breast until the meat falls of the bone. Cut into small pieces.
Then mix chicken, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, mixed vegetables and about a cup of broth from your chicken into a baking dish.
Then crumble the corn muffin over the chicken mixture, and pour melted butter over the corn muffin mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Or until the crust turns brown.
~~~♥~~~

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Renee.

      I was so delighted that my family loved it so much...they had seconds, and some of them had thirds! That's success!

      :) Hope

      Delete
  2. I did not have any of this when I made it on Wednesday, but I had some of this as leftovers last night; it was really great. I big hit even a day old.

    Thanks for the inspiration, Renee!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete