Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Day Before Thanksgiving Day


This day, the day before Thanksgiving Day, is always my baking day.
Here is my list of things to bake:
  • Date Nut Bread {Recipe}
  • Apple Pie
  • 2 Pumpkin Pies
  • Pecan Pie
  • Key Lime Pie
Actually, my daughter always makes the Key Lime Pie.
I have pie crust for 6 one crust pies resting in the refrigerator.
The Date Nut Bread is in the oven – I am making a double batch to last through the days after Thanksgiving. The Apple Pie will go into the oven when the bread is out.

I have never put up my Christmas tree before Thanksgiving Day. However, since my children will all be here on Friday, my husband wants to decorate the tree that day. Usually I rest the day after Thanksgiving. So, to make things easier, we put up the tree yesterday. I still need to add 5 strings of colored lights before decorating it. The white lights alone look nice for Thanksgiving Day.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!
~~~♥~~~

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, my friend! I hope you had a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, my friend! I hope you had a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are suppose to have his photos taken Friday when he turns 17 but I am wondering now, it is calling for some BAD weather here,and may have to wait...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is so beautiful, Hope, and those pies....Oh my, they look delicious! I am sure they tasted incredible :) Your blog header is so pretty for the Christmas season. Have a beautiful week, friend!

    ReplyDelete