Tuesday, July 2, 2019

He Shed, She Shed

~ Our Two Sheds ~
~ This Shed is His ~
~ This Shed is Mine ~

My little studio.
~~~♥~~~

We build his shed.
It came as a "KIT"; we thought that meant that parts of it would be preassembled.
Wrong! Not only were no part of it preassembled. but also the pieces were unmarked.
It took us a week to get it ready for roofing.

The kit did not include foundation materials, paint, or shingles.
Coffee Break


When we bought my shed,

Many parts were preassembled.
Labor was included in the price, as well as the foundation materials and the shingles.
It came prepainted, as well.
It took 3 men 8 hours to build my studio.

We chose to upgrade the solid doors to French doors and had two side windows added.

My son built the deck for me.

2 comments:

  1. HOPE!!!!! I am so happy to see you!!! My husband and son are building a shed--its a HE shed, LOLOL. He has informed me the bikes and Vespa will be stored for the winter in there. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda,

      It's nice to have a place to store bikes and such - helps keep everything orderly, or in some cases - just out of sight (speaking about myself, here).

      My studio started out as our school room, but I have claimed it for my own now that our children are grown.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      :)Hope

      Delete