Thursday, August 18, 2016

Quick and Easy Lazy Quiche - Made with Bread

~ A favorite breakfast when having overnight guests ~

I love this recipe first of all because it is delicious (yes Delicious - so delicious it is hard to eat just one piece). Other reasons for loving it is that it is easy to make, it is best made ahead of time, and it is a great way to use up leftover foods.
~~~♥~~~

Lazy Quiche
  • 16 slices of bread {This does not have to be exact}
  • Optional - 1/2 cup melted butter {Actually, I add this ingredient to the recipe because my bread was SO dry. The recipe is good without butter added}
  • 8 eggs {I used 12}
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 large can diced chilies
  • Sausage, cooked {or ham or bacon, diced}
  • Green onion
  • Cheese, shredded
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
{I just sprinkle salt into the beaten eggs, but I see that similar recipes use 1/2 teaspoon salt}

Instructions:
Cover the bottom of a  9 x 13 inch pan with bread (broken into small pieces). (My bread was very dry, so I poured 1/2 cup melted butter over the bread) 

Mix the chilies, sausage, green onion - scatter evenly over the bread. Sprinkle cheese liberally over the bread mixture.

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Mix milk, salt and pepper into eggs - pour mixture over bread, meat, and cheese in pan.

Set in refrigerator overnight.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Note: this is HOT right out of the oven; let it set at least 10 minutes before serving.

Really, you can change the amount of ingredients to suit your needs and to use the food you have on hand.
 ~~~♥~~~ 

Here are two similar recipes:
and

I ate this for breakfast yesterday, 
and it really is as good as I remember it being.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how yummy is that, Hope. {smiles}--- Thank you for sharing---praying that you have a safe trip today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about any recipe that includes the words "it doesn't have to be exact" all but promises to be a slam dunk, in my books. When you've got a bit of creative license with quantities and even the ingredients themselves, it's easier to make a dish more "your own" and that always appeals to me immensely, as I very rarely follow a recipe to the letter (and frequently just make mine up on the spot). Thank you for sharing this scrumptious dish with us, dear Hope. It looks amazing!

    Many hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about any recipe that includes the words "it doesn't have to be exact" all but promises to be a slam dunk, in my books. When you've got a bit of creative license with quantities and even the ingredients themselves, it's easier to make a dish more "your own" and that always appeals to me immensely, as I very rarely follow a recipe to the letter (and frequently just make mine up on the spot). Thank you for sharing this scrumptious dish with us, dear Hope. It looks amazing!

    Many hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy, and a perfect dish to feed a lot of people for breakfast, it definitely looks like a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete