Sunday, January 17, 2016

My Breakfast Café

Breakfast is my favorite meal to make.

I like to think of my breakfast table as my little breakfast café.

It is my delight to serve my family and my desire to satisfying their breakfast yearnings.


It has always been my dream to have a little café that serves just breakfast or brunch.

When I was 18, my brother treated me to a charming breakfast at a lovely place in New England, which was only open for breakfast.

The café had a collection of assorted tables, chairs, dishes, and silverware – nothing matched but all blended nicely, creating a warm and homey ambiance.

 It was such a small place that customers were seated together wherever there was room – which meant that my brother and I shared a small table with a friendly couple.

 Perhaps someday my dream of having a café will be fulfilled. Until then, I will enjoy the pleasure of serving this one little table.

7 comments:

  1. Good morning, my friend!
    How lovely is this?
    I share this love of breakfast...and of providing for my family.
    But yours is simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, (awww I missed breakfast, wink) what a lovely table setting and the food---looks so good. I am not a real big breakfast eater---usually around 11 ish is when I get hungry.

    You, my friend, are just plum delightful and your family is so lucky to have you. Many Happy Sundays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your joy in serving the family a lovely breakfast! Saturdays and Sundays I usually make a bigger breakfast than during the week. Our family favorite is homemade biscuits with gravy, bacon, and scrambled eggs, and fried potatoes sometimes a bonus :) Your table setting looks absolutely scrumptious... such a blessing for your family to enjoy.

    Your idea of a cafe sounds just wonderful, and I will pray and believe with you that one day you can have your own little cafe! Many blessings and hugs in Christ! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to me to be the perfect person to have a cafe' like that.
    Until then, I'm sure your family won't mind you "practicing" on them. The table and food looked so wonderful that I wished I had been there. When I saw it, I thought to myself that I should put more effort into breakfast around here. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I thought this photo was one of a beautiful cafe. How gorgeous your table looks and how delicious!! I couldn't think of a better start to a day than sitting at your delightful table and partaking in that scrumptious breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table, your family is so lucky to enjoy something so special together. It looks absolutely delicious. I showed my husband your photo and he said that we need to go there for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With your kind, friendly, beautiful heart, I have no doubt that you would be an exceptionally wonderful cafe owner, sweet Hope.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete