Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Peach Tea and Roses


Just for no reason at all, my husband gave me these beautiful roses yesterday. 

I love roses, especially because they dry into such lovely bouquets. I don't always get rose with baby's breath, but it adds so much to the dried arrangement.

My husband does not really understand my love of dried rose. I actually think I get more pleasure from the dried flowers, maybe because I don't have to fret over them dying. Seeing roses slowly die and drop their petals is heartbreaking. So, I usually hang them to try before they have time to expire.
~~~♥~~~



5 comments:

  1. I think that makes a lot of sense. I've always loved to dry roses, too, and still have the crimson blooms from my small wedding bouquet.

    Wishing you a beautiful day, sweet friend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! What a sweet and thoughtful husband :) I am like you, I like dried roses - they are so pretty hanging on the wall. When I was a teen, all 4 walls in my room were covered with dried roses. I would even take them down and "dust" them twice a month and then I would spray harispray on them since that's supposed to be good for them, I guess :)
    Thanks for sharing this lovely post.

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Your husband sounds like a real sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hope,
    Your roses are gorgeous and what a thoughtful hubby to bless you with them. I like dried roses too and I have a lot of them. You can do so much with them, I find. You've set a lovely tea table and your muffins look yummy. Thank you for joining me for tea and have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete