Thursday, October 4, 2012

Penny-wise Chicken Pie

~ Canadian Inspired ~
(Notice the maple leaf?)

Oh, the gals on the block are tempting me with such delicious goodness! First Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose posted her Tasty Beef Pot Pie . Then Jessica at Chronically Vintage wrote a wonderful post about her Penny-wise Chicken Pie. I just had to make myself a chicken potpie for dinner last night. (I already had chicken in my refrigerator that need to be used.)

I used Stephanie’s pastry recipe, and a slightly changed version of Jessica’s chicken pie recipe.
The results? Everyone liked it and even wanted seconds.

"Wow! This is really good!" exclaimed my husband. "Is this a new pie crust recipe? It's the best pie crust that you have ever made!"

 ~ Well, I guess I have Stephanie and Jessica to thank for my success. Thanks, girls!

~~~♥~~~

3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I wish I would have been there for supper last night! Your pot pie looks absolutely scrumptious :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you are just the sweetest person, Hope, thank you very much for adding your Canadian inspired touch to this lovely vintage chicken pot pie recipe. It looks lip-lickingly fantastic!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you!!! So happy to hear that your pot pie turned out wonderful! I told Stephanie I will have to make one next week. I will let you know how mine turns out. I think I will make beef as I usually make chicken.
    Always nice to visit with you sweet Hope. I will be away for the week-end so will not come by until next week.
    Blessings to you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete