Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn Has Come!

My Home Skies

There is no better season for dressing fashionably! Autumn provides the lovelies hues of the year. Cooler days deliver more choices for creativity, allowing multiple layers of colors and textures.



Jessica at Chronically Vintage shared a list of 25 vintage clothing items under $50. Here I have chosen my favorites to share with you. Do visit Jessica to see all the her wonderful finds and the purchasing information if anything strikes your fancy.



This fabulous 1940s cardigan wool sweater is like one my mother owned and allowed me to wear when I dated my fiancé. That was a real treat. I never borrowed or wore anything that belonged to my mother (everything in her closet was extremely well cared for), and I never knew what caused her to offer me her wonderful sweater. I wore it as a sort of vest over a blouse, with a leather belt, and a tweed jacket and a black pencil skirt.

This brown wool 1950s magnificent pencil skirt immediately caught my eye! I agree with Jessica that a pencil skirt compliments just about any woman. Priced at only $30.00, I would have been tempted to buy it; however, the waist is too small for me, and the hips too wide. That must be some luscious woman who has a 27” waist and 40” hips! I envy her!


Jessica is so expressive in her description: Evoking thoughts of everything from cheering football crowds to awesome evenings spent in front of a bonfire, plaid wool (Pendleton-esque) jackets have been a beloved part of many peoples' fall wardrobes for decades now.

I am a believer in the old style of wearing nice clothing when going to sporting events. This brown and grey wool jacket (I love it belted this way.) is just the ticket.




When I was 18, I wore a vintage pair of ski pants on a ski trip with a friend in the Sierras. There I was, showing up in my 1940s plaid wool ski pants, standing out like chocolate on a white silk blouse, and knowing nearly nothing about skiing! (I did take a lesson, driving my instructor to exclaim in exasperation, “Hope, don’t make this difficult!)

~~~♥~~~

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sweet Hope, thank you very much for blogging about my post and sharing some of your thoughts on, and favourites, from it. I bet you looked thoroughly wonderful in your 40s wool ski pants (I'm trying to find a pair for myself that's lined in a different material, as I'm allergic - I get bad rashes from it usually - to wool; no luck yet, but I'm really amping up the hunt as we end in the nippier months once more).


    Oodles of hugs & joyful fall time wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete