Friday, September 28, 2012

Big Holiday Expectations ~

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Diner-Comfort-Americas-Roadside/dp/1888054689/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348775470&sr=8-1&keywords=retro+diner

Okay...I am not just making small changes (as stated in my earlier post); I am making BIG changes. My goal is to lose 10 pounds in the next five weeks, by the end of October! There, now I have said it. That is kind of scary, making such a bold statement on my blog. If I don't accomplish it, it certainly won't be for lack of trying. (I want to reach my goal on my weight-loss ticker, at the end of this post, before the holiday season begins ~ kicking off with Thanksgiving Day.)

So, why am I looking at a book full of  
"rib-sticking, taste bud-satisfying comfort food!"
I checked this our from the library before I made my big decision to drop 10 pounds.  I am always drawn to this sort of food; maybe it's the retro girl in me. It is enjoyable to look and and dream about, even if I cannot eat any ~ right now.

Right now, I am gazing over a recipes for...
The Best Fried Chicken in the U.S. of A.
Georgia's Fried Cornmeal Mush ~ Mmm, I love it
or
Granny Glen's Biscuits n' Gravy

And then finish off with some ~
Knock-Your-Sox-Off Carrot Cake
or
Washington State Fair Apple Strudel


~~~♥~~~
I don't know about you, but this breakfast menu sounds appetizing to me!

No.1
2 HOT CAKES WITH HAM,
BACON OR SAUSAGE, 
AND 1 EGG...................... 85c

No.2
HAM, BACON OR SAUSAGE
TWO EGGS, POTATOES
AND TOAST...................... 95c

No.3
TWO HOT CAKES WITH
TWO EGGS...................... 75c

No.4
HAM, BACON OR SAUSAGE,
ONE EGG, POTATOES
AND TOAST...................... 85c

No.5
TWO EGGS, ANY STYLE, WITH
TOAST AND POTATOES...................... 65c

No.6
TWO HOT CAKES, WITH HAM,
BACON OR SAUSAGE...................... 75c

No.7
FRUIT OR CEREAL, WITH 
TOAST AND JELLY...................... 50c

No.8
STEAK AND EGGS, WITH
POTATOES, TOAST AND 
JELLY.......................... 1.25 

~~~♥~~~
These cookbooks by Linda Everett,
Retro Breakfast and Retro Diner,
are available on Amazon
~~~♥~~~

8 comments:

  1. You can do it Hope! I just got back from my Weight Watchers meeting. I go every Friday. It is what I do. I have done it every Friday for a year. I love it. Well love is a little strong. It works. I have made great strides. I didn't exercise. Now I do . Since March. Every day. Now I even have a trainer. I have made some huge changes in my life. I have Jordan 3 days a week. He kicks my butt. I have been going to him for 5 weeks now. I can't believe the new me. I have a long way to go. It has been a process...but a good process. I am not going back to the old me....ever. Wow....new Hope's this is cool. It is funny....the topic of Weight Watcher's today was 8 pounds by Thanksgiving....kind of similar to your goal. Good luck to you!
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hope,

      Thank you for your encouragement; it really means a lot - funny how a few kind words can boost ones energy.

      8 pounds by Thanksgiving Day is a good goal, and truthfully, I will be delighted with even that.

      Good work to you, too! It's great to have one who is experiencing the same trials.

      :)Hope

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I happened to come across your charming blog and became a follower :) I look forward to your future posts and all the foods you mentioned in this post had my mouth watering! They all sound delicious. And good luck with your goal - you can do it! :)

    Blessings to you,
    Stephanie
    theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie,

      I have a sister also named Stephanie...It is a great name.

      Thank you, thank you for following my blog! I do wonder how you happened upon it.

      Thank you, too, for your kind encouragement. It is so great to have the support of friend.

      :)Hope

      Delete
  3. Hi Hope! Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. I actually reply back through the email, but yours said "no-reply" so I thought I would write you here :) I love beef pot pie too! Although, I always want to eat just the crust! I usually sneak into it later and break off pieces of crust. I know, shame on me:) My husband just rolls his eyes at me when he sees half of the dough missing. haha Anyway, I found your blog while I was on Mara's blog. And I'm so glad I came to check it out! :) Thank you for following my blog.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend! And I am definitely rooting for you as you reach your goal :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,

      Your husband sounds sweet. I love the crust, myself, so I understand what you are talking about. When I was a child, I would eat the crust first because I did not like it - funny how we grow into tastes.

      :)Hope

      Delete
  4. Hi Hope, I totally believe in you and am sure you'll do terrific with your goal. I know we've only just meet, but I can already sense that you're a determined and wise person (not to mention the sweetest soul around!), and am already looking forward to reading your post about when you hit your goal (don't dismay if take a bit longer - weight loss is by no means an exact science, and persistence is the key for sure!).


    Sending tons of hugs & joyful weekend wishes your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Jessica,

      Thank you for your encouragement, especially in not feeling bad if I don't reach my goal by the end of October. Yes, more than likely it will take longer, but I thought that if I set myself a high goal, I should be able to get at least half way there. And I must not give up, however long it takes.

      Hooray to you for being so nice! You really are so kind.

      ♥Hope

      Delete