Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Thanksgiving Day Menu

Thanksgiving Morning:
It is just after 2:00 A.M. – I am having my first cup of coffee and spending a minute to visit you before I start my day. Here is a quick photo I snapped when I got up, to share with you.

I was so excited about today that last night I could hardly fall to sleep. I woke moments before 12:00 A.M. not feeling sleepy at all. I told myself that the next time I woke up I would get up, knowing that by that time I was sure to be waking from a deep sleep, which I did. Nevertheless, promises are promises, and now that I am up, I am delighted to be starting my day.
~ My Thanksgiving Day Menu ~
Turkey
Gravy made with heavy cream ~ (A special treat for the holiday)
Sausage Stuffing ~ (My recipe)
Mashed Potatoes
Elegant Scalloped Corn
Cranberry Sauce ~ (See Jessica’s Post)
Yams
Fresh Homemade Rolls
Fruit Salad
Served with: Sparkling Cider
http://pleasantsimplicityathome.blogspot.com/2011/11/sausagecracker-stuffing.html
~ Desserts ~
Date Nut Bread ~ (My recipe)
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pies
Pecan Pie
Key Lime Pie
Served with: Coffee and Cream
~~~♥~~~

6 comments:

  1. Hope, hope you and your family have a wonderful day. The menu sounds wonderful! Precious picture of 2 am.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hope! I trust you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your menu looked yummy, especially the date nut bread. I just love dates! I made heavenly hash for my father as his birthday is always near or on Thanksgiving. It is made with dates, and it is soooo good with whipped cream on top.

    Your table was beautiful with all the pies decorating it.

    So good to visit with you, it's been awhile.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Hope, I'm deeply touched to know that my vintage cranberry sauce recipe was included amongst your immensely delicious sounding menu. You've got my tummy rumbling a plenty just thinking about this feast and how good I'm sure it was.

    Have a beautiful weekend, my dear friend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my sweet friend! I hope you and your family enjoyed your Thanksgiving - thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes :) I have been in Texas all week and I have greatly missed visiting you. I hope all is well and I look forward to catching up! Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hope, thank you for visiting my blog. I hope that you had a wonderful thanksgiving and your menu looks delicious! My favourite is Pecan pie, which is amazing! Have a great new week, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope,

    You are way too cute waking up just after 2 a.m. in your excitement. You must have been really tired by 4 p.m.! ;) I hope you have had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete