Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vintage 1940's Car

Hello everyone,

These photos were taken around 1984. Knowing how much I loved old cars, One day my sister came into the house and saying, “Hey, Hope, there is an old car parked in front of our house.”

Grabbing my camera, and a couple siblings and a nephew to serve as models, I rushed out to take a few photos before the car was gone.

Later I found out that the fellow who owned this beauty had parked it there and had gone off with my father.

Our families became friends, and my sisters and I had the pleasure of riding in the awesome car with the mother and girls.

~~~♥~~~


5 comments:

  1. What thoroughly lovely photos. I adore vintage cars so very much, too. There's an elderly man who runs a restoration garage and auto museum in one in small town about 15 minutes away from us who has scores of amazing vintage cars. One day I'll have to go take pics (assuming he'll allow it) there and post about it on my blog, for all my fellow vintage car lovers.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beauty! and i love that you had a chance to take a pic of it ...i absolutely love the photo!

    x susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANY photo is good, it doesn't have to be vintage; it can be ANYTHING...NEW OR OLD.

    Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hope,

    I loved the photos of your siblings alongside the old car.
    The sepia tones, make it look so lovely and old and would not have known it was taken around 1984.

    Enjoy the weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete