Monday, November 5, 2012

Doughnuts ~ Quick and Easy

A Year with Grandmother ~ 365 Days at Grandmother’s House

Day 35 of 365 
~~~♥~~~ 
quick doughnuts

Do you remember your grandmother making donuts?

Homemade doughnuts have always been a tradition in our family. Only, I have never made them. I have always wanted to, but have been too afraid to try. I keep saving doughnut recipes. These doughnut look like they would be quick and easy. I am going to have to try this idea. Do you have a favorite doughnut recipe?

Video and Recipe Here
~~~♥~~~

Dear Friends, please fill free to share comments of your memories with your grandparents, or your thoughts on being a grandparent.

~~~♥~~~

(An Imaginary Journey Back to Grandmother's House)

Please Note: Many of the photos in my posts I create of my make-believe journey back to my grandmother's house are taken from Pinterest . I search for photos on Pinterest which look and feel like the perfect image of the grandmother's house any child would love and remember.

~~~♥~~~

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is a favorite in our family! I made them a couple weeks ago and took pictures to put them on my blog sometime soon :) How funny...great minds think alike. They are so yummy and easy! My hubby and son likes them with confectioners' sugar. Have a great day, friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this was always a favorite in our house growing up! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are making me VERY hungry!!!!!! Just found your blog by linking up to Nan's "Mom's the Word." I am from WholeHearted Home where I also have a linkup each Wednesday.

    I have wonderful memories of my grandmas and I will have to share them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recall either of my grandmothers making doughnuts when I was little, but my step-dad certainly did when I was younger, and goodness where they delicious! Sometimes he's make these fried pieces of dough, too, that were shaped a bit like eclairs which for some reason he called "rabbits" (he says that's what his mom called them) that we'd dunk into freshly made jam. Utter taste bud paradise, let me tell you! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love these. They will beg my husband to make them. :)
    By the way, your blog always makes me smile!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I never have, but my hubby has made them. I love donuts, especially warm ones! In fact, I just ate one yesterday, lol!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete