Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Update

You might recall my post Big Holiday Expectations ~ in which I announced my goal of losing 10 pounds in 5 weeks.

Did I accomplish it? No. However, it is not all bad. Last week of October, I stepped on the scale and was 7 pounds down. I gave a bounce, just in case that scale wanted to change its mind. No change. I stepped off and stepped on again. No change. Another few bounces. No change. So, I guess it’s official.

I still have more to lose, but with the holidays and all the yummy temptations before me, my immediate, realistic goal is for a slow and steady decline in weight, but more importantly, a plan of not gaining any weight.

This week, I purchased the above 1950s Butterick Sewing Pattern (8321). I hope to make it during the holidays. I won't look like the slender woman on the pattern, but I think it should look nice. I have not received the pattern yet; I am trusting it was cut neatly, for I an not am expert seamstress.

~~~♥~~~

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a good job with your weight loss goals. Loosing 5 pounds in 5 weeks is too fast. I think you are wise to take the slower method. It's a much healthier option.

    I like your Butterick pattern as well. I'm not as slender as the ladies on that pattern either. I don't think any woman has a figure that perfect, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! High 5, Hope :) And I agree, it's wise to take it slow :) Your pattern is lovely and I know you'll look beautiful in it. I was hoping to get a dress sewn for Christmas as well...too bad we live far apart, we could get together and sew together :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss! It doesn't matter how slow you go if you're going in the right direction. So are you willing to share your secret as to how you did it? I could use some hints! ;)
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy,

      I'll get back to you on your question.

      :) Hope

      Delete
  4. Seven pounds is nothing to sneeze at, especially in such a short amount of time. Huge congrats, dear Hope, you're doing awesome!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete